Friday, June 25, 2010

Blog Hi Hi

After a few weeks of deliberation/hibernation/stagnation... I've decided to combine my personal blog with the family blog.

The Barrett Banter blog was started on a whim, and then became an important link to family while we were away in DK. Then I started up my own blog because I wanted to rant about things and people, experiences I was having specific to being an expat, food, politics (and I knew some of the family really only cared to see 'what was up with Pete'. Those people don't know who they are - because they don't read this blog).

Two blogs worked fine before. I was unemployed.

Now its just too much. I'm working, Pete is in school. Rich started a new job (yep, we won't be on another expat assignment anytime soon, bummer).

So off I go to Barrett Banter. If you don't mind more of my son Peter, come along with me.

Link to Barrett Banter

Ahhh, remember when...

Now that I'm gone from Denmark I am free to fantasize that it is the most idyllic place on earth. I listened to a show yesterday on how people can only survive (mentally) by their memories. And those memories are not non-fallible. We change them (whether we realize this or not) to be what we want them to be.

Survival is not based on intelligence - but adaptability (and that might mean selective memory modification).

1 comment:

BABS said...

Denmark is best when viewed from a safe distance ;)