Monday, May 31, 2010

Back Online @ Home

About three weeks ago I dumped a nice, full, steaming cup of coffee all across my laptop. Nice. That laptop was less than 10 months old. Tears ($$ tears).

I promptly went out and bought a new one. We don't have TV, so internet is our small connection to the greater world. I got the same one I had before (minus the fancy graphics card). However, the guy had to give me a returned one, since there were no un-opened ones. He said it had been checked out, and was ok to go.

I took it home, and left it to sit for a few days. I just had bad computer vibes. Well, it turned out that that one was a dud. The fan ran constantly. So I took it back.

They gave me a brand-spanking-new one. I took that one home and sat on it for a few days. If I don't turn it on, then I won't have any problems see.

So maybe, little by little, I'll feel more comfortable with tapping away on this thing, downloading pix...only time will tell.

No comments: