Monday, March 8, 2010

Can you smell spring?

Wait! Oops, I mean don't breathe.

The MN Pollution Control Agency has been issuing air quality warnings for the past few days. We have had very little wind lately, so the polluted air is just hanging around. But the point is WE HAVE polluted air.

This used to be the problem of *other* Cities, not Minneapolis. We're supposed to be all about woods and wilderness, not cars and smog.

But on the up side - we had a few days of warm weather last week and the driveway is finally clear of its former 6 inch sheet of ice. I attended a winter hike/winter plant ID class last weekend and didn't even need my hat (although I did have on long underwear).

I can't remember craving an end to winter as much as I have this year. Is it the child climbing the walls, is it lack of fulfilling work? Am I just getting old and can't tough it out anymore? I can't put my finger on it. I just need it to be over. I am unmotivated to do anything until I can do it with the windows open.

No comments: