Sunday, February 28, 2010

Pinwheel Appetizer Recipe

I haven't shared any food stuff in long time - mostly because its been pretty much the same old thing. But I did have a girls night this weekend, so I was motivated to make something different.

I've been sitting on this pinwheel recipe ever since I tried it months ago at Lakewinds. Its oh-so-yummy and vegetarian, but it needs the right crowd (that is to say - not someone like my father-in-law). Here it is:

Pear, Blue Cheese, and Onion Pinwheels

Ingredients:
2 pears cubed (any kind)
1 cup blue cheese crumbles
1 vidalia onion (or other sweet onion, or even jarred onion relish)
1 cup spinach leaves
1 package wraps (I used tortilla shells)

Heat oven to 425. Clean pear and cube. Spread onion mix on wrap (I very thinly sliced my onion and sauteed it before putting it on wrap). Add pears, spinach, and blue cheese. bake in oven, open-faced for 10 minutes. When done, roll and chop into appetizer size. Serve hot or chilled.


I have no pictures. Girls night was Friday night. I stayed later than I wanted to at work, then had to hit the grocery store, rush home, make this appetizer, and then rush downtown. The kitchen was not a pretty site.

No comments: