Saturday, December 19, 2009

You taught me well

Oh Denmark (said longingly). I know all is not euphoria over there. But I've taken with me the good stuff. I no longer just leave the clementines in their box. They are in a cute green, Søster Grøn bowl and I'm planning on poking a few with cloves this coming week. I've dug out my Jul stuff - including nissen and straw reindeer. And I've shown the daycare girl how to make woven hearts for their HC Anderson Day next week. Ho Ho Ho.

I also have a bootleg bottles of Glogg and Viking Blood that I'll be breaking out this Christmas Eve to serve with my first attempt at rice pudding and aebleskivers, served alongside some Den Gamle Fabrik (the real stuff).

Even so - Its been hard for me to get into the holiday spirit this year. So few cards have arrived to our home, or to my office. Its depressing. The holiday parties have been scaled back or are non-existent.

We did finally get snow - but not as much as some places (Holy crap! You guys must just be basking in the snow.) Last night we put on our comfy cloths, made up some popcorn, and drove around listening to Christmas music and looking at neighborhood lights. Mmmmm, a little more in the mood from that.

But finally - my last day of work for a bit was yesterday. I'll be spending the first part of next week getting the house ready since we are hosting Christmas Eve. I've been pretty lax on the decorations up until now. Just a few favorites so far. We'll see if I can get into it when I have a good block of time by myself. Put on some music...make some tea...no kid or hubby to get in the way...

1 comment:

BABS said...

The best things about Denmark, are doing them from a distance!

:)