Saturday, May 8, 2010

Time Time Ticking

Lately, I've been busy trying to get some jobs out of the way - so that I have more time to just to what I want to do. One that been hanging out there in process for a couple of months are the hearts.

My soon to be sister-in-law (marrying my husband's brother) asked me to make 180 Danish paper hearts to be used as party favors at their wedding this June. Two years ago I made Danish woven hearts as gift tags for Christmas presents; that's how she 'found' out about these things. The plan was to do them in the dead of winter, when I had nothing else to do. Well, I don't know what I did last winter, but it wasn't this little project.


I've made good progress on them this week with the help of the new Margaret Atwood book - After the Flood. I was able to download the audio book for FREE from from my library. Sooooo awesome! (I love free.) The interesting thing will be how long it sticks around in the download program - a program on my computer, not online). I think I read some sort of message about how I have 21 days to listen to it. Maybe it self-destructs? ??

I'm also trying to get a bunch of work done at work so that I can take some days off. I want to be home all alone, with nothing to do. No Danish hearts, no cleaning, no cooking...this may all be a fantasy that I've worked up in my mind, but its my goal right now.

Oh yeah - and just to make you people in DK feel better. It snowed here last night. And later this morning - in freezing temps - I have to sit outside and watch my son play t-ball.

No comments: